Monday 3 October 2011

Sparkling and Blooming in October?

We have had the most glorious weather all week here in North Yorkshire, with temperatures reaching almost 29C (unheard of for summer ... never mind late September!).  With weather too lovely for sitting indoors I've been working on a piece of crochet seen on the lovely Lucy's blog Attic24.  I'm new to crochet and have only crocheted square and oblong stuff.  But when I saw this Blooming Flower cushion cover I just HAD to give it a try.  Lucy's instructions are so clear that even I managed to work it out lol. 



Of course it needs a light pressing.... but I am so thrilled with it!!!  I've almost completed the back, which doesn't have the petals.  When I've finished it I'll post a picture as this one doesn't do it justice at all.  Take a look at Lucy's lovely creation here.

The week was rounded off really well with a weekend at Gorton Monastery Mind Body Spirit Fair organised by BSSK.  This takes place in Manchester..... so it is a two-hour drive for me but it was broken up by driving over to a friend's house first (about an hour away) and then driving together, over to Manchester. 

We did several workshops on the Saturday but didn't have much time for looking around the venue or talking to people.  But we found time to sit outside and eat lunch in temperatures of 29C (in October??)..... while listening to Terry Oldfield and his wife Soraya produce some wonderful music.




I stayed overnight with my friend and then we decided to go back to Gorton again Sunday for a mooch around.  My friend spotted this quartz crystal self-healed cluster.... and bought it for me.



It is just so gorgeous and I can't help looking at it all the time :-)



Here is a close-up of the fabulous self-healed part of the crystal.

I have such lovely friends.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment